Health & Cleaning Protocols
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months. Infection control and cleanliness has always been a top priority for our practice. Our strict processes have consistently made the care you receive at Vaughan and Vaughan Orthodontics both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continue to closely monitor the recommendations of these agencies, so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
When it is time for your next appointment, you will notice some changes along with our already strict infection control protocols. For example:
- Virtual waiting room – Wait in your car and call when you have arrived. We will call when we are ready to bring you directly to the treatment area.
- Forehead temperature will be taken, as we are rescheduling anyone with a 100 temperature and over, to limit any possible sickness.
- You may see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, the play station, and other items which cannot be properly disinfected. You are encouraged to bring your own iPad, reading materials, etc.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social/spatial distancing between patients. That may mean that you are offered slightly limited options for scheduling your appointment.
- We have always maintained ultraviolet filtering in our AC units, which inactivate airborne pathogens and microorganisms. We began using a HEPA Air Filtration in all our lobby as well as aerosol-reducing procedures and equipment.
- We will do our best to reduce waiting times for you, as well as the number of patients in the office at any one time.
Dr. Vaughan and Team